Sunday, March 14, 2010

Recuperating one week later!



What a week this has been. Really, it feels like a month since we were in Vegas. We left Utah last week in a blizzard and snow, and today it is the same. Vegas was much warmer!

In the bottom picture is the front of the booth with Lee and LeeAnn (He-Lee and She-Lee). Not only do we use hook and loop tape to attach our stamps to our mounts, but this entire booth was constructed with hook and loop tape and clear acrylic envelopes with unmounted rubber.

In the picture of the miniature doorway at the front left side of the bottom picture, it is a bit hard to see the rods holding panels of loop tape fabric. At home, I have everything hanging on loop tape, from my heavy tape gun, to baggies full of stamps as well as individual stamps that stick directly to the loop fabric. Before I figured this out, I was constantly looking for my tools. I had been coveting wonderful craft cabinets with loop tape walls, but their pricetags were above $2000. Why not make my own storage?

I had actually been making puppet theatres with spring rods to put in the doorway for children, but wasn't sure the rod would hold much weight. When LeeAnn assured me that they actually held her teenage son (who is far from small), then I knew we had a winner! Now everything I need to find, gets "hooked", from the needle threader for my sewing machine, to my glasses! My cricut cartridges are all hooked with a tiny piece of clear tape and are secure on their hanging loop tape panel. The keyboard thingies are alphabetized and hang in multiples in zip lock baggies from the panel

1 comment: